Memory is the ability to recall information that you have learned or experienced. Great memory can help improve your career, relationship and social life. There are several simple ways to improve your memory that you can integrate into your daily life.
• Paying attention to details can help to improve your memory. Hippocampus, a primitive structure in the brain, can take about eight seconds to process information. You cannot remember information if you do not process it correctly.
• Using visualization to remember things is one of the easiest ways to improve your memory. You can use positive, pleasant images to remember a list of things. For instance, if you want to remember a person’s name, associate an image with that name.
• You can use some sentences to remember large amounts of information. For example, medical students create awkward sentences to remember large groups of nerves, bones and other anatomical structures.
• Physical activity is a great way to improve your memory. Exercising increases oxygen to the brain and reduces the chance of developing diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. Exercising also protect the cells in your brain.
• Sleeping well at night can help to concentrate during the day. Also, stress can impair the hippocampus, which is why it is important to sleep well and practice stress relief techniques.